Tuesday, October 7, 2008

17 Days Until my B-Day!!

I can't believe how fast time is going now! I get my spacers next Friday! I'm not looking forward to that. I wish I could fast-forward about a month and have all the beginning stuff out of the way! I've heard that the spacers are really uncomfortable so I am nervous about that. I'm planning to take some pain medication before my appointment on the 17th. The ortho actually suggested this. I'm planning to get the spacers mid-afternoon and then go back to work. I think I will be able to make it through the day, but I hear about 6-7 hours afterward it really hurts. I'm planning on binging on every hard an crunchy thing I can find to eat next Thursday! I probably won't feel like eating real food for a few weeks. Please Lord don't let me have any presentations to give during my first week of banding!!! Yikes!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Brooke. I am a fellow soon-to-be-braced 29-year old. I found your blog through archwired and thought I'd say hi. I started a blog for many of the same reasons as you. http://bracesat30.blogspot.com Stop by some time- I get them on this Saturday and will need all the commiseration I can get! Good luck! and Happy Bday :)

Melissa