Friday, October 24, 2008

My B-Day!!!


Hi!!! I am finally braced on top!!! WHOOOO HOOO!!! Boy am I glad to have those God awful spacers out!!! :-)


So here's the jist:


I showed up 1/2 hour early to my banding appointment. The got me in right away! Boy was I excited. The assistant asked me if I still had all my spacers, which I did. She went to take them out and said they were awful tight still. :-( That had me worried, but thankfully she was able to get all 4 molar bands on. Then she had to take them off to put the glue on. After that she put this thing in my mouth to hold it open. She then proceeded to clean my teeth with something. Finally my ortho came in to put on the brackets. The assistant put on the arch wire and asked me what colors I wanted. I went with pink and purple. Things went well and it was perfectly painless. I can't believe how much better I feel having the spacers out!!! :-) My first adjustment is in 6 weeks.


After my appointment my friend and I went out to lunch. I ate soup and managed to eat some bread too. The brackets really aren't bad. However, I have little atennaes on my upper molar bands. The are in the inside and are driving my tongue nuts!!! Then I have little atennaes on two of my front teeth...those too are driving me nuts. I have wax on them now, but am having trouble keeping it there. So....I'm hoping to find some advice on how to deal with that. I sure don't want my mouth to be all cut up.


Anyway, I am VERY, VERY happy to be braced! How exciting!

No comments: