Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Clinical Findings


Well, I just received my initial pictures and the clinical findings from my orthodontist. I'm eager to get this process started because a few of my bottom teeth have been bothering me for a while. Here is what he found:


Upper teeth are too far in front of the lower teeth

Upper teeth are tipped back

Excessive deepbite

Lower teeth are left of center

Upper teeth are crowded

Lower teeth are very crowded

Start of peridontal disease on left side of mouth

Tooth with the peridontal problems will be extracted to save the other teeth in that region

Clicking in jaw joint consistent with TMJ

Neck pain and headaches also consistent with TMJ

Abnormal wearing of teeth consistent with grinding at night

Comprehensive treatment is planned

Minimum of 24 months of treatment

No comments: